Cookies, i love ’em, chocolate chip, double choc chip, triple choc chip, chocolate orange doesn’t matter what they are i will eat them.
Below is my fave cookie recipe it’s my goto and you can be adventurous with the fillings you put in them, you could put mars bar, snickers (which im trying next, still trying to get rid of the christmas sweets!) bounty, those little Kinder choc bars, Peanut butter cups, anything at all.
You will need:-
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips (if you do candy bars i would chop them up)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4
- Cream butter and sugars, once creamed, combine in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chips.
- Roll into walnut size balls
- Place on ungreased baking paper, then bake for just 7 minutes, till the cookies are just setting – the cookies will be really doughy and delicious. Otherwise cook for 10 minutes until just golden round the edges.
- Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack
I tend to bake them until they look cracked on the surface, which is perfect for me!
I got this recipe from the Good Food website years ago and i have never looked back since.
Another cookie recipe i have tried is You Tuber Tanya Burr’s. Now these ones are rather indulgent, they require a work out to get the doughmixed but i would say they are worth it because they are very nice! You couldn’t eat a lot, but they are tasty!
You will need:
300g caster sugar
1 large egg
275g self-raising flour
75g cocoa powder
a little dash of milk
a large bar of milk chocolate
a large bar of white chocolate
Put your oven to 200 degrees.
Cream together your butter and sugar.
Crack in your egg
Stir in all the dry ingredients.
Add a dash of milk if your mixture is looking dry
Break up all of your chocolate and throw it in, using your hands to get it into the dough (this required a lot of effort!)
Line 2 trays with baking paper
Pick up a 10 small handfuls of cookie dough and place them onto your trays, spread them out evenly, or bake in batches as i did as they spread quite a bit!
Pop them into the oven for 11 minutes
I may have eaten one or two possibly 2 minutes out of the oven, i love warm cookies as i think this is the best way to eat them! Even after they’ve gone cold i stick them in the microwave to warm them up to eat them!
Whats your favourite cookies? I’d love to know!