Ok, i haven’t been on here in well over a month. Soz.
I’ve just not been doing anything overly interesting or been doing any baking, shocking i know. I’ve just been existing, which is the worst and it’s incredibly boring, working, home, dinner, bed.
I made cupcakes for my brother in laws birthday a few weeks back so thought id post this!
Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
- 175 g Stork
- 175 g Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 140 g Self Raising Flour
- 35 g Cocoa
- 12 Reese’s PB Cup Minis
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 175 g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 350 g Icing Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180c/160c Fan
- Beat the Stork with the light brown sugar until light and fluffy and well combined.
- Stir in the eggs, flour and cocoa with the butter/sugar mix until well combined
- Dollop a wee bit into the bottom of the case and pop a Peanut Butter Cup Mini and pop some more batter on top to cover.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until they are cooked and a cocktail stick comes out clean!
Beat the unsalted butter with a mixer for a couple of minutes to loosen it until it’s pale and creamy.
Add the peanut butter and half of the icing sugar on a slow speed until it is mixed in then mix for a few minutes until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Add the rest of the icing sugar and beat again, if its too thick add some milk or boiling water to loosen it.
Since it was his birthday and i had never used fondant before i decided to do a wee fondant topper.
I piped the buttercream onto the top of the cupcakes and then i rolled out some yellow fondant to about the thickness of a pound coin, some were thicker some were thinner, for a first time i thought this was not bad. I bought a little letter set off eBay and pressed the message onto the top of them, let them sit for a wee while to harden up then popped them onto the top of the cupcake. I was really pleased with these and was buzzing i managed to do it. They aren’t perfect and it requires some fine tuning but hey for a first time i was chuffed and i was told they were amazing, so yay for me!